Order of Operations?

What problem are you having Chambering? How do you hold the reamer? Watch some Utube videos. That's how I learned to do it. Tried to do my first one using the drill chuck in the tailstock and wound up with an oversized chamber. I knew I had the tailstock lined up straight with the headstock. I used a dead center in the tailstock and it worked perfectly.

Used a floating reamer holder in a drill chuck in the tailstock. Turned very slow and used plenty of Vipers Venom.

If you are having troubles, I would practice on some used barrels if you can find them. Practice till you get confident then jump right in. I was nervous on my first one and had to redo it but it turned out great. Just go slow and take your time.

If you are having troubles, I would practice on some used barrels if you can find them. Practice till you get confident then jump right in. I was nervous on my first one and had to redo it but it turned out great. Just go slow and take your time.

Someone gave me some barrels that had been in a house fire. Also got some out of spec barrels from a gunmaker. So I have plenty to practice on.

I think I have the threading down (both ends) and the crowning. I'm going to put the tapering and fluting on the back burner until I get chambering down.

Back