Oscillating tool

I have a HF one that’s the cats meow for cutting stuff in hard to get to places. Makes things that were a royal pita before practically easy. Highly recommend, even the cheap ones seem to work great and they all take the same blades I think.

John
Turns out I left the HF tool back in Michigan. Figures.

Today I needed to trim a cabinet in my kitchen to fit a small wine fridge. Tried with my saber saw and couldn’t get a straight line out of it.

Ran over to Home Depot and bought a Ryobi cordless tool only to match my only non-Hitachi drill, and a couple of Milwaukee blades.

IMG_4603.jpeg

Took a while, and it could be straighter but got the job done.

IMG_4604.jpeg

John

I think that Fein made the first one, for removing windshields when the Germans decided to start gluing them in. I think they've been around since the 80's.

If I'm not mistaken they were used in the medical field for years cutting off casts. My first introduction was in the 70s getting a cast cut off. No it wasn't a scissor style. One of the good things about the multi tool is it can touch your skin and not cause any damage. Now that I said that someone that can mess up a anvil with a toothpick well tell me the error of my thinking. . BTW I have tested it on myself with no damage. .

Don't know about the windshield connection but wouldn't be surprised, should work great for that.

The Fein was based on the Striker (Stryker?) saw. In addition to cast cutting, they also work great for opening craniums (crania?) for getting at brains. Mmm, brains... It's a nutcracker for zombies and pathologists!

Back