Owners of Maximat 7

There should be some end to end clearance, it may need a washer or shim, check that the assembly is not binding when you tighten it.
The pin needs to be a snug fit in the hole, I don't think your welding wire will work.

I am having this same problem. Has any one come up with a solution?

I can not visualize how the "clutch" can be engaged with the selector without also engaging with the shaft that mounts into the banjo. If the gear is powered, the entire assembly spins and unthreads from the banjo. I am sure it is a simple solution that I ma not visualizing.

I am having this same problem. Has any one come up with a solution?

I can not visualize how the "clutch" can be engaged with the selector without also engaging with the shaft that mounts into the banjo. If the gear is powered, the entire assembly spins and unthreads from the banjo. I am sure it is a simple solution that I ma not visualizing.
The center is flip flopping between the two larger gears, but staying engaged with the next gear down.

My speed selector knob is also locked up solid. Did you guys figure it out? I noticed that the videos online, they always have the machine on when selecting the speed. Is that required?

I'm in the midst of bringing a Maximat 7 back to life.. I don't have it plugged in yet.. I dont even know if its single of 3 phase.. There are 4 wires on the plug, so I assume 3.. Motors say 220v.. anyway, thats a tangent!

Is there a replacement Maximat 7 group online now?

Is a manual available online? Some guy on ebay is gouging folks for them..

Re your PM
Look at the first picture on this post. You can see he replaced the pin with a copper one. It is too long and will not let the selector slide freely laterally. That is the problem I was having
Also, my Maximat is single phase and was originally purchased as such (I am in the US).

ok thanks. So if one was to machine a pin of the correct size, presumably it would slide nicely again.. Anyone have one to measure handy? :) lol!

The pin isnt supposed to extend through the holes in the "slider." (Odd shaped part the center gear is keyed to) The holes are there so the pin can be installed/removed. The pin ends ride against the walls of the inside of the "slider" and said "slider" can rotate freely relatve to the actuator pin shaft. I fought with mine for days, but finally got it. HTH.

In my case the pin and whatnot was fine. It was just so gooed up with old grease that it was locked up solid. I let is soak in some Remoil and worked it a bit and its free now. No issues..

Back