Parts Dealers?

eeler1

Dang, buggered that up too!!
H-M Platinum Supporter
It looks like I need some parts for an old 11" Logan #912. There used to be several machinery dealers who specialized in these old, beat up, abused machines that I can't seem to resist. I've bought plenty from Scott Logan, good guy and always quality stuff. But I'd like to save a few $ once in a while. Do we keep a list of used machinery and parts suppliers here on the forum? Or any suggestions would also be appreciated.

There is a "For Sale" etc. at the bottom of the forums listings.
What specifically are you looking for?

Daryl
MN

The back gear! I knew there was one tooth missing on the big gear, no biggie to fix. But wasn't able to view the small gear that engages the bull gear, and now that I've pulled the headstock, that one is toast, maybe half the teeth gone. So there used to be a few old time dealers who had lots of old parts, used. I'm going back maybe 20 years, and don't recall their names. Or maybe they are all on eBay now, or died. Only one I recall was a guy named Dave at mermac machine, but nothing on his site now.

eeler, Give me some measurements and tooth count on your bull gear. I've got an odd Logan headstock that is a vee-belt drive and I'm not sure what model it is. I still have some gearbox gears and spindle gears plus other misc. Logan stuff but the parts were stored in the 70's and very little was marked. All school parts from spare or from parted out machines. Send me some numbers and I'll check.---David

Good to know I too have an 11 " Logan . It's been my baby for thirty plus years now , yes she needs some love but only a good cleaning and lubeing to start her going. I've got just about everything needed for her except a center rest been gona build one . Yep I will someday. Good old iron for sure.

Back