PET scan.

Hope it all goes well and you have a quick recovery

Had throat cancer 10 years ago. Radiation every day 5 months. Chemo once a week same 5 months.lost 86 pounds. Shrunk 2 inches. Two weeks ago ear,nose, throat doctor ran camera up nose down throat. Saw something he didn’t like. Going in couple hours to hospital for pet scan. Been having issues with throat lately. Hopefully nothing shows up.
We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers..... I hope its nothing...

Last time I had a finding like this the doctor said after all the tests..."you're going to die from something else".
A few years ago my father, a few weeks after taking the second COVID jab, had a golf ball sized lump came up at the injection site. At the age of 81 the diagnosis was Melanoma and the Oncologist said she almost didn't take his case because it was pretty grim. The reason she took him was because there was a new treatment Which was based upon the real MRNA technology (not Chemo) and she decided he qualified for it. He was scheduled for 6 treatments and after the 3rd the lump was gone so they gave him 1 more treatment and then a pet-scan and it came back clean. He is 85 now, he and Mom are still living in their house doing their thing, very blessed. once a year now he gets a pet-scan and this year he was a bit nervous because the took a bit more time getting the results but all is well.

So I hope your test come back clean because I understand how stressful that is.

I wish you the best. It was awesome that they were able to do your pet so quickly. Out here, there is no such thing as an emergency pet, and they take 3-6 weeks for an appointment regardless of whether you are a current or former cancer patient.

The two weeks seeing throat doctor was more like a month ago looking at paperwork. He requested a quicker than normal scan due to what he saw with camera down throat. Could use couple more Valiums. Had me doing a lot of grinning. Later wife asked to turn off night light.. told her it’s not on. Turned and said holy &$@“ it’s you. Haha. Last time when results came back tings moved quickly. All teeth cut out. Feeding tube. Port in chest for big chemo needle. Hopefully nothing shows up.

Back