Picked up a Logan 6520H today

Dinwoodie Cutlery Concepts

Registered
Registered
WOW! That's a smokin' deal! Congrats!

Wowsers! You got yourself a fine lathe there - even variable speed. Congratulations!

Tell us more... That's a very nice machine and at that price you did well.

Tell us more... That's a very nice machine and at that price you did well.
Well I sold my Logan 200 because I didn’t have the change gears for threading and to buy them was too expensive. Having already made up my mind that I couldn’t pay more for another lathe than what I sold mine for I started looking for a beater. I was on Craigslist and saw a Powermatic Logan for sale and when I looked at the address realized it was a local tool and die maker I knew. I stopped by one night and talked to him and realized the powermatic was too big for my shop so I asked about the 6520 and he said he would let it go for $1,200 with the chuck I convinced him to throw in the toolpost for another $100 and that’s about it.

Makes perfect sense. A full set of change gears off ebay is expensive. But, even if you had 'em, that's a massive upgrade for not much $$$. Well done.

Does it just need a cleaning or do you have other plans for it?

Makes perfect sense. A full set of change gears off ebay is expensive. But, even if you had 'em, that's a massive upgrade for not much $$$. Well done.

Does it just need a cleaning or do you have other plans for it?
Just needs a cleaning it has years of caked on oil all over it. I started cleaning it up yesterday and already went through half a gallon of purple power and over one roll of shop towels so far. The spindle had less than .001 runout but The chuck had a bunch. I’m going to try adjusting the set screws and see what happens,I have a nice bison three jaw set tru I’d like to put on it too but I have to make the back plate first.

Back