PM-1030V ways cover

Lotus54

Registered
Registered
I finally got around to making the ways cover for my PM-1030v. I recently (perhaps foolishly) bought a 3D printer (Bambulabs X1-C) and have been working on learning Fusion 360.
I figured this would be a good thing to start with, since it is quite simple.

I printed up a part that covers the carriage, with screw holes and holes for oiling spots. Then on the chuck side, a simple plate holds the cover. I removed the one that was there, and didn’t worry about going down as far it the original goes, since the cover will likely keep almost all the chips out of there (yeah, sure- like chips won’t go all over anyway).

It was cheap and seems to work reallywell.

The accordian cover I used (I looked at some from Granger, but $$$- so to make sure it even works, I went cheap).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2754429572...M5_NqS6Tri&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I have the Fusion 360 files and STL files if anyone wants them (although maybe just as easy to do it yourself).

And of course I didn’t clean the darn machine up before taking pictures. Jeeessshhh.
Oh yeah, I could not find the screws I wanted locally, so just used what I could find and will get some button allen screws (8mm)

Attachments

• IMG_7239.jpeg
    IMG_7239.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7238.jpeg
    IMG_7238.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7237.jpeg
    IMG_7237.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7236.jpeg
    IMG_7236.jpeg