PM-1130V Feet Casting Dimensions

StudioMachinist

Registered
Registered
Just placed an order for a 1130V (with DRO, very excited) and will be building my own stand. I like the torsional beam designs and would appreciate if someone with the same model could provide me with the exact depth of the feet castings (front to back) to figure the narrowest size rectangular tube the bed can mount to.

The manual gives "approximate" dimensions of the chip tray and mounting bolt pattern
I'm inferring a 5' beam length would be absolute minimum. Any other details I should know about while planning and ordering materials?

On my 1130v keeping in mind that the feet are not machined on the sides I measure basically 7 1/16 at the headstock end and & 7 1/8 at the tail stock. Over all length is 51 1/4. I bought the factory stand which will hold the lathe off the floor but I feel it isn't ridged enough and would do like you are planning. I did raise the lathe off the chip pan 1 inch for better access removing chips and used 1X8 steel stock at each end. I found the listed bolt holes are accurate. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
On my 1130v keeping in mind that the feet are not machined on the sides I measure basically 7 1/16 at the headstock end and & 7 1/8 at the tail stock. Over all length is 51 1/4. I bought the factory stand which will hold the lathe off the floor but I feel it isn't ridged enough and would do like you are planning. I did raise the lathe off the chip pan 1 inch for better access removing chips and used 1X8 steel stock at each end. I found the listed bolt holes are accurate. Hope this helps.
It does help, thanks.

Based on those numbers and the mounting bolt pattern, unless I can find rectangular tube 9" wide, I will either splurge on 10" or weld two 5" wide tubes together. I want enough room around the bolt holes to drop in thick wall pipe for the hardware to pass through.

Back