Pm 1228vf-lb On Order All Questions Answerd

koba49

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok I got some things straightened out, I started another thread with questions about a PM-1128VF-LB lathe i had the model number wrong, what I was talking about was a PM-1228VF-LB lathe. I talked to Matt at PM today, and he answered all my questions. First about the machine, and my shipping problems. I am going to have to go and pick up the machine at a terminal and get it to the house and take it from there. As for the lathe they are on order, it will be he said 4-6 weeks until they are in the U.S,. I guess the quote he sent me said 9-12 weeks for delivery. So I said what the hell and put a 20% deposit on one. The total cost was $3298. that is lathe with stand. When I started this I was looking to spend about $2000. so the back order gives me some time to put together the money. People have asked why I chose this lathe, the quick explanation is, D1-4 camlock spindle mount, 2hp motor but still at 120 volts power, power cross feed, 1-1/2 spindle bore, and if I want later a 5-C collet chuck is an option. It is a third more than I was planning to spend but I think the size and capabilities are just perfect for what I want for a home lathe

Good choice!! Glad you got all questions answered. Matt and his staff are a great bunch. I don't know about you but the wait was the hardest part for me but that just gave me time to start my tool and accessories collection.

Back