pm 25 questions

Hey bosephus,

The last time I spoke Matt (beginning of January) he said he was expecting more machines in March. Give him a yell to se if he has any that are not already spoken for. If you have any more questions or want pictures of any part of the machine, send me a PM and I will get them out to you. I am really impressed with this mill so far, but I have a lot to learn. Take a look at DRO Pros for a DRO, both Bill and I have them, and I really like mine. Matt will not install it for you as they are somewhat time consuming to install. I know two or three other guys on the forum have installed a DRO Pros DRO,

why thank you gents , that really took care of my only real questions at the moment , if things keep going at the currant rate i am looking at the end of march for having the funds gathered up for the mill . with maybe a couple weeks after to get some basic tooling and a vice .
so i am sure to have a whole slew of questions between now and then , but i am convinced that short of hitting the lottery the pm25 is the mill for me .
its size and work envelope suite my needs very well , i fail to see how i can go wrong with it .

Check out the accessory bundle that Matt sells for $179.00. That is a great price for those items, and I think it includes shipping with the mill. It includes

PKG Option Includes:
  • 4" Milling Vise with Swivel Base
  • 8pc. Precision R-8 Collet Set (.0005 TIR)
  • 52 Pc. Clamping / Hold Down Set
Package is an additional $179.99

hmm , thats not a bad deal at all for everything .
it is something to consider , i only live about an hour from Pittsburgh . i am hoping i can maybe save a few bucks on the machine by picking it up in person .
unless i have to pay sales tax , i am unsure if i can pay for it online and still pick it up in person without paying that pesky sales tax .
if i have to pay tax its a wash .. might as well have it delivered

so maybe saving a bit on shipping will cover a fair portion of the accessory package

bosephus, I'm in the market for the PM-25MV and I contacted Matt. I had questions about the finished product (his current web site only shows units being built) he provided me with a couple of pictures of a finished machine. They are a beautiful. He also told me that he sells a power feed for this machine that goes for $299. He did not provide a picture, just that he had one and the price.

Back