PM 25MV spindle revolutions indicator problems.

mec9900

Registered
Registered
I was running my mill this afternoon and the rev started fluctuating and now it stays on "0". The mill still runs fine and the speed changes as it should. Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong?

Take off the front cover and check the speed sensor at the top. Maybe the wiring is loose, or maybe there's a metal chip interfering with the sensor. The other end of the cable in the control box could also be loose.

My best guess, Steve

If it’s your encoder make sure you get the one that goes with the display. They use different ones on the pm-25v some use 4 spots and others I believe it’s 16. I seen a video on YouTube by Blondihacks called “Mill explosion and Repair”of her tearing into her pm-25v after something blew. She goes completely through it’s electronics so maybe the video has some useful information in it for you. Good luck and Merry Christmas

It is back working. I did as Steve suggested and took the front cover off. I could not see anything wrong, but I took the speed sensor out and cleaned it and the part on the spindle. Took some time to get it back in the right position. I kept moving it around until I got it to work again. Used the mill today and it worked fine.

Glad to hear it was something simple and that you're back in business.
Steve

That’s great, I’m glad to hear it’s working again. Happy holidays to you and yours

Back