PM 5C Collet Chuck not attaching to spindle

Did you loosen the 3 screws in the face of the chuck? When those are loose, then you use the 4 around the perimeter to move the chuck relative to the backplate. To move it, you have to loosen the one 180 degrees from the one your trying to tighten, can't do 1 without the other.
The manual doesn't say anything about loosening the three screws on the face of the chuck. I'll give that a try.

The manual doesn't say anything about loosening the three screws on the face of the chuck. I'll give that a try.

Was that the same Chinglish manual that also didn't mention anything about how to adjust the cam pins? I suspect your going to have much better luck asking questions here than reading that manual.

Sounds like you have a set-true style chuck.

This video gives an idea of how to center it starting about the 3 minute 30 second point.

You dont have to do it exactly this guys way. This video is just to give you an idea how it works.

Here:

If you don't loosen the front screws a little first, your going to have an interesting day dialing that chuck in.

Last edited:
Was that the same Chinglish manual that also didn't mention anything about how to adjust the cam pins? I suspect your going to have much better luck asking questions here than reading that manual.

Sounds like you have a set-true style chuck.

This video gives an idea of how to center it starting about the 3 minute 30 second point.

You dont have to do it exactly this guys way. This video is just to give you an idea how it works.

Here:

If you don't loosen the front screws a little first, your going to have an interesting day dialing that chuck in.
The 5C collet chuck I got from PM is a set-tru type.

Thanks, that was what I needed!

Indicating on the interior of the collet chuck taper, I was able to get the runout down to less than .0005". Even if I have screwed up the measurement somehow, at least I know how to adjust it.

Thanks, that was what I needed!

Indicating on the interior of the collet chuck taper, I was able to get the runout down to less than .0005". Even if I have screwed up the measurement somehow, at least I know how to adjust it.

Great!

Also, glad to see your measuring in inches now.

You've heard the old saying?

There are two kinds of countries. Those who use the metric system, and those who've walked on the moon!

Just kidding, of course..

Back