PM 833TV One shot question

So far about all I have found out for sure is it is not 1/8" NPT, its very close and I think the TPI is right on or at max 1 off but the 1/8" NPT part is just about .015 larger in diameter on the majors than 1/8" NPT. Obviously NPT is tapered but if you take the small end and the large end and measure it, it averages about .015 larger on both ends. It will go in about a thread and a half but thats it. The male machine part will thread all the way in on the female NPT part but has a little slop. So it is probably some metric version of 1/8" NPT. Its amazing how difficult what should be simple becomes.. I called PM but they unfortunately were no help in figuring out the threads. If I ever figure it out I will let you know. I have never looked for a NPT tap but that might be my next step to see if I could just tap the machine part out to 1/8" NPT being that it is so close already.

Most likely is is 1/8" BSP which is very common on these fittings, they are very close dimensions the BSP is 28 TPI and the 1/8 NPT is an 27 TPI. My recollection is the BSP taper is slightly different. Most Bijur fitting for some reason seem to BSP or metric.

NPT vs. BSP.jpg

Most likely is is 1/8" BSP which is very common on these fittings, they are very close dimensions the BSP is 28 TPI and the 1/8 NPT is an 27 TPI. My recollection is the BSP taper is slightly different. Most Bijur fitting for some reason seem to BSP or metric.

View attachment 326840
Thank you very much!! I bet that is it. That fits the measurements well and the TPI fits perfect in my 28 TPI gauge. I know almost nothing about pipe threads so I really appreciate your help and I will get an adapter or valve ordered from them.

Greg

So if anyone is wondering down the road, mksj is correct as usual, it is 1/8" BPST. Its a bit tough getting the fitting because Bijur has a pretty large minimum order and that adapter is not something MSC or Grainger had but Bijur was very nice and worked with me to get me a fitting. I just got a 1/8" BPST male with a 1/8" NPT female so I could put the valve in and was able to use the stock 1/8" BPST male into the 1/8" NPT female on the valve with a little bit of teflon tape. It just had a slight gap but the tape sealed it up and it on the closed side of the valve so unless I hope the valve to oil it, that fitting has nothing sitting in it really. So its at least fixed for now. Thanks for all your help.

We should have got a few people here to do a batch buy (or whatever you want to call it) as there may have been others here interested. :)

Sounds like I may need to remove the tank and make a custom fitting for it.

Earlier this week, I ran a 1/8” npt tap into the 1/8 BSP fitting on the side of the one-shot oil pump, I put on my Rockwell mill.

Earlier this week, I ran a 1/8” npt tap into the 1/8 BSP fitting on the side of the one-shot oil pump, I put on my Rockwell mill.

If I get lazy, I may do exactly that. And add a little Teflon tape. :)

My 833T one shot leaks oil on the the ways. Then the oil spills off on to the chip pan.

Back