Pm-940m-pdf Igaging Install

Some people like the 'old ways' of doing things, or just old things in general. I personally gave up my stone tablet and chisel a long time ago and wouldn't think of having a machine without a DRO on it. :D

Says the man with the pocket abacus! :rolleyes:

How does the slide attach to the saddle? Seems like it would be really hard to get it aligned so that there's no play and it doesn't bind.

igaging sends some generic mounting brackets with the kit, so I made some shims/spacers and had to drill and tap some holes to get proper alignment, under the table I also made a cover out of some aluminum angle to protect the reader on the scale. The scales can be cut to length, which is really nice. I also fabricated the cover for the ways on the "Y" to fit around the reader on the scale and also made a aluminum angle cover for that scale, which reduces the Y travel about one inch. The mounting for the digital readouts I made on a swivel that tilts up/down for visual reference when you need movement. They are not the best, but for what I have invested they work great. I would recommend them to anyone that is on a budget, and with the hundreds you save you can purchase more tooling!!

Back