PM Paint Colors

Yup! :thumbzup:

But then again the later PM45/932s also do not match the earlier PM45s.

Matt should spec his paint color... make his machines a unique shade... :man:

Having said that, the 'cream/ivory and blue' are a nice combination IMO.

I may have a customer for a milling project lined up... making a couple of components of a gyrocopter rotor-head.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...hl=en&q=gyrocopter+rotor+heads+images&spell=1

Note the parts just below the ring gear... the gimbal... We were doing a careful inspection of the rotor-head and found a stress crack in one of the parts of the gimbal.

Should be an interesting project... it is made of 6061 T6. I am probably gonna get the parts anodized when they are done... as it tends to harden the outside a bit. Also plan to change the design slightly (this change has been done by others, it will not be a new design): To add bushings at strategic points, so the pivots and weight are bearing on the bushings, rather than the bolts. Will post some pics of this later.

GA

Sorry for the late response. According to Ray C the PM-932 blue is Rustoleum Safety Blue and can be found at the big box stores. Got mine at Home Depot. I did as brav65 suggested and took a small metal panel to an automotive paint store and had them match the off-white color. Haven't tried either color yet as I'm neck deep in converting the mill to CNC. Painting will be the last step before final assembly.

Tom S

Sorry for the late response. According to Ray C the PM-932 blue is Rustoleum Safety Blue and can be found at the big box stores. Got mine at Home Depot. I did as brav65 suggested and took a small metal panel to an automotive paint store and had them match the off-white color. Haven't tried either color yet as I'm neck deep in converting the mill to CNC. Painting will be the last step before final assembly.

Tom S

I LIKE that!!!
A color that is easy to find and buy... without going through the mess of matching.
Way to go Matt!

Back