PM30MV DRO..

BellyUpFish

Active User
Registered
Hey guys-

Looking at picking up a PM30MV and I'd like to get a DRO.. Is the DRO you can purchase with the 30 worth the additional cost or are there better alternatives at a lesser price?

Thanks

I see the DRO is $700. Got my PM30mv with DRO installed. Was nice to start using it without any installation work on my part.

Last edited:
I bought my PM30MV with the DRO installed. I looked around at DRO prices, and any price difference was more than made up for by having PM install the DRO for me. You have to take into account the stuff you need to mount the DRO and add that to the DRO price. The DRO PM installs works great, no problems with it, still have to learn all the different things it does.

Steve

I guess the value is what someone is willing to pay. On my 833T, I purchased and installed the DRO myself. No way would I spend $700 on a DRO, even installed. When you look at the back of that PM installed DRO, I will bet that it says "Made In China."

Here is an AliExpres web store that many of us have used.

If I was going to do it over I would purchase one with a display like this one.
I also believe there is value in buying something from a US company, even products manufactured in China. What happens if something goes awry with your DRO? Ship it back to China? What if you get it and you hate it, or it's damaged, or it's just not any good? Who refunds the $200 in shipping charges to the US?

I also believe there is value in buying something from a US company, even products manufactured in China. What happens if something goes awry with your DRO? Ship it back to China? What if you get it and you hate it, or it's damaged, or it's just not any good? Who refunds the $200 in shipping charges to the US?
I can replace my DRO 3 times over for the price of a PM or DRO Pros one. If I hate it, well, then that's on me. If it's damaged then you open a claim, just like anywhere else. The store that I bought mine from sent me the wrong head. I contacted them and after a couple of emails they shipped the correct one. Didn't cost me a dime other than I had to wait for the new head. No big deal to me.
Not sure where you get the $200 shipping but the store I referenced has a $58 shipping charge, which is up considerably since I ordered mine.
I was just throwing another option out there. If one is not comfortable going that route then by all means spend whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.

I can replace my DRO 3 times over for the price of a PM or DRO Pros one. If I hate it, well, then that's on me. If it's damaged then you open a claim, just like anywhere else. The store that I bought mine from sent me the wrong head. I contacted them and after a couple of emails they shipped the correct one. Didn't cost me a dime other than I had to wait for the new head. No big deal to me.
Not sure where you get the $200 shipping but the store I referenced has a $58 shipping charge, which is up considerably since I ordered mine.
I was just throwing another option out there. If one is not comfortable going that route then by all means spend whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.
Fair enough. I will have to reconsider my options.

Incidentally, the PM DROs are made in India.

I don't think DRO Pros has the D80 anymore. They told me recently they likely will never get any more from China because of tariffs and other trade problems. But I did find this one with magnetic scales for $750:

Back