PM727 Issues

727V has variable speeds too, it just doesn't go as high (3000 rpm vs. 4000 rpm).

I did buy a pm 728v-t yesterday with DRO, x axis feed, a good keyless chuck, the stand and 2 of the 4" "precision" vises.

Last edited:
Congrats! When does it arrive?

Congrats! When does it arrive?
They have 50 base machines ready to ship now. Around June 25th for mine. Backordered because of the DRO. The feed motor also backordered until early August.

New toy arrived today.
new toy.jpg
20200702_182119.jpg

Yeah....I had a small fire in my terminal box up on motor from loose wires. I found two wires crimped differently on either end so it was wired backwards(spindle direction) a bit of a mess. I'm gonna say it's A PSA to all PM owners to at least up the electrical boxes and take a gander.
Do any of you guys have a picture of the control board or can you see your control board mine is filled with black plastic for security purposes? I just got my mill 3 weeks ago and the terminal blocks where these wires are look a bit different

Attachments

• 20210322_200901.jpg
    20210322_200901.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
I’m don’t have any clue what the newer units are like. I believe mine is 2016, but my capacitors and this terminal block is built onto the side of the motor. Your’s seems like a better setup. This is the block and wires that were burned to a crisp. Terminal block was almost entire melted and screw post were just rattling around in the blocks hollowed out body.
For whatever it’s worth...here’s mine prior to the repairs.
9081FC87-6EDB-414F-8932-AAB32DAC91CA.jpeg

Do any of you guys have a picture of the control board or can you see your control board mine is filled with black plastic for security purposes? I just got my mill 3 weeks ago and the terminal blocks where these wires are look a bit different
The black "plastic" that you are referring to is called "potting". It is actually an epoxy that is poured into/onto the circuit board. It can serve two purposes... 1.) In a higher vibration environment it reduces the chances of components coming loose or breaking off. 2.) Some mfg's do it to force you to buy a new board vs repair should something go wrong.

Back