PM's Mills

Gesweafr:
I have a PM 935 TS mill with a DRO and I love it. I live in Northfield, Ohio. If you want to stop by I can show you my mill. Let me know. I will send you a P.M. with my address if you are interested.

Roger L

Have a new 935 tv and spent the weekend getting acquainted with it . Did some simple projects and like what I see so far. I have power feeds on all axis and dro. I installed a quill dro on it this weekend as well. I think it will do anything I need and it fits well in smallish shop.

@Geswearf As someone who has been researching which mill to get and comparing a bunch of the PM machines, let me share what I found. Most of the qualitative marketing speak is around the quality of the machine and, by that, I mean generally the tolerances the tool is made to.Don't think about it in terms of the 728 being more or less accurate than another machine it's more about the ease of achieving and maintaining a given level of accuracy. Things like scraped ways just mean that extra care was taken to ensure those components fit the way they should which, in turn, means you as the operator should need to spend less time fiddling with them and more time making parts.

@Geswearf As someone who has been researching which mill to get and comparing a bunch of the PM machines, let me share what I found. Most of the qualitative marketing speak is around the quality of the machine and, by that, I mean generally the tolerances the tool is made to.Don't think about it in terms of the 728 being more or less accurate than another machine it's more about the ease of achieving and maintaining a given level of accuracy. Things like scraped ways just mean that extra care was taken to ensure those components fit the way they should which, in turn, means you as the operator should need to spend less time fiddling with them and more time making parts.
I suspected that, and I think I mentioned it earlier or in another thread as perhaps the defining characteristic of Taiwanese machinery over Chinese. That said, I don't recall hearing from anyone in other PM mill related threads complaints about achieving decent accuracy.

Back