Porter Cable B3 10x7.5 belt sander

ivel03

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Picked up a Porter Cable B3 10x7.5 belt sander from an online only auction. The pics didn't show the motor clearly and it's a 3 phase 240/440 which my home shop doesn't have. It's in fairly good shape for it's age. Any ideas on what it's worth?

PXL_20220604_140551722.jpgPXL_20220604_140606063.jpg

WAG, 3-$500 to right person. Nice machine, and looks like a lifetime supply off belts for a home shop. What's the hp rating on the motor? Mike

i was thinking the same thing about the belts when i picked it up! The belts seem to be available at about $25 ea. It has a 2HP Fairbanks Morse motor with a 100% duty cycle on it.

Man that thing is awesome! That price sounds about what I'd consider for it. Biggest "drawback" for me is I'd need a VFD for it, and thats only a drawback because of the added cost.

Looks like Keith Rucker has one:

As the motor is *only* 2HP i would think the cheap ~$100 ones would work. Haven't put my money where my mouth is to find out though. I have no real need/use for it so i'm kinda trying to find it a good home, hint, hint!

It was vintage machinery where i found what the model was - such a great resource for this old iron.

Back