Power drive limit switch

Howardd

Registered
Registered
Im looking for a source for dual plunger limit switches you see used on milling machine x axis power drives. It will be used on a power drive I’m making for the head of my mill drill.

Thanks

Howardd

If you search for "LIMIT SWITCH CHINT YBLX-JW2/11H/L" you should find some that are similar to that used on the head controls of my G0755 mill.

Tried that search but only came up with single plunger switches.

Thanks

Howard

They use it in the middle with a trigger on the top and bottom. If it is pushed from either side, the motor stops.

Howard -
I don't know how far you've gotten with your project, so feel free to take this with a grain o' salt ...

I added a powered head lift to my RF-30 clone mill -drill a few years ago. Used a "big satellite dish" positioner motor, which has limit switches built into the gear head. No need to wire up any external switches! Powered it with a 24 volt DC supply I already had on the mill. These motors will work with anything between 24 and 36 volts DC. Maybe lower voltages, but I think power would suffer. 24 VDC gives a very nice rate of up-and-down movement. And it appears my initial concern about the life of the nylon gears has not been an issue. It's worked well since I installed it.

Check out post #8189 in:

Back