Power Feed for BP? Off Brand

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I been looking at the auction site and I see no name brand PF for X at very temping prices around 150.00 I was wondering if anyone has purchase one of these no name brands off auction site if its working good for you?I know you get what you pay for but for the weekender user its looking good.

Make sure it has enough torque to turn the lead screw. Many of the cheapies only have 135 inch pounds of torque. A Bridgeport needs 150 inch pounds. The cheapies will last for a while, but burn out the motor in time.

I have an import brand on my Z-axis and have had no problems. I use it a lot too.

Bruce

Thanks for the replys,Bruce do you remember what model you purchase?I was looking at ALSGS 310S but I see cost varies from 137.00-269.00 which both has 450lbs torque.Projectnut thanks for that info on the torque I would have never thought of that.

Thanks for the replys,Bruce do you remember what model you purchase?I was looking at ALSGS 310S but I see cost varies from 137.00-269.00 which both has 450lbs torque.Projectnut thanks for that info on the torque I would have never thought of that.
I bought an Asong 150 in-lb. unit from All Industrial Tool for $350 shipped though I see they're up to $390 now. Absolutely love the unit. Bought my BP on 9/15/17, bought a Z-axis DRO scale from Shars a week later. Bought the power feed a week after that after cranking the table up and down to tram the scale. Rarely move the knee by the crank now, just fine adjusts.

Mine has a 2-axis cnc set up, so X or Y is a quick conversational program for table movement like you'll be doing. The 150 in-lb. has worked fine so far, but if you pick one up with more torque that'd save some load on the motor.

Bruce

Back