Power feed on PM25MV installation, wrong bracket

Knobs feel more user friendly to me so that's why I brought it up. Sometimes we don't think about the simplest solutions even when they are in front of us. This is what makes this such a wonderful place to ask questions. :encourage:
Thanks for the suggestion. You are right, it was so obvious once pointed out. HM has such a helpful membership!

Replacing those locks was a day 2 project. I made mine out of 1.5" OD, 12L14, oil blued them and pressed in some socket head bolts.

PM30MVgiblock.jpg

Received some longer lever handles yesterday. Today I made some bushings for them. Don't know why really, but it made me feel better about it. Cut some 34mm long pieces of 12L14 and drilled 8.4mm holes through them. Turned them to about 13mm in diameter. Reused the old springs from the other handles.
PXL_20211103_195804151.jpgPXL_20211103_200041171.jpg
Now there is 1mm clearance to the plunger casting. Tested the switch in this direction. As expected the power feed stops. Now that I think about it, I forgot to test the other side. I'll have to do that tonight. Once I test the other side, I have to dress and route the safety switch cable a little better.

There's an asymmetry in the x lead screw, which makes the gear rub on the housing slightly when the x-axis is less than -8 inches or so. When the x-axis is near 0 there is no issue whatsoever. I will have to find the cause of this. Anyone have a clue where to look?

You guys really trust those stick-on zip-tie anchor-points? They don't stay well at all here, maybe the tropics?

You guys really trust those stick-on zip-tie anchor-points? They don't stay well at all here, maybe the tropics?
No I don't. The stick ons fail all the time. Even in benign situations. Have a better solution?

Clean really well and bond on with Loctite black max? Ideally a quicky sheet sterl bracket...

Or, drill and tap. I know, heresy... I'm one of THOSE people. See my Rockwell lube thread for some scary hand drilling ;-)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I use the single screw cable clamps. available in nylon or plastic covered metal. Oh yeah, I too hate drilling holes in my nice new shiny machine!

Two votes for single screw. Hate doing something like this using a hand held drill, but, I have done it before. Tapping is fun sideways as well. But, the cable will stay put that way.

Mine has 3M double sided foam tape underneath.

Back