Power feed wanted for Emco/Meir Compact 8 lathe

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have an Emco / Meir compact 8 ( Austrian) that I purchased new many years ago. it has been kept clean and oiled but used very little. I am starting to use it more now that I am semi-retired and would like to add a power feed to the Bed lead screw. there is a Model SP250B. Fits-Jet,Grizzly,Enco ( not Emco Meir ;D) milling machines that is on my local Craigs list for $ 200. and I am wondering if it could be used on my Lathe...... anyone know? or wher else I might find such an attachment???
Thanks, in advance, for any replies :-*
joe

I must be going crazy... ??? I'm looking for a power feed for my Compact 8 lathe when it has a half-nut that engages thr lead-screw for threading !!! :-[
What is wrong with me :eek: all I need to do is figure a way to slow the speed down to a crawl on the leadscrew
my purpose was to be able to get a better finish on a part I was making without fileing and sanding and polishing and I simply wasn't thinking.
Without a back gear I will have to just figure a way to slow the lead screw
I have the set of gears that came with the machine but they all speed up the lead screw for threading..
Oh well.... i am not a machinest but I love mechanics so I now have my ' Challenge" if anybody , familiar with the Compact 8 or newer Compact 8E has any ideas I'd love to hear them.
Thanks
joe

i was just looking at " cfellows " post on a crank handle for his leadscrew and the light bulb flashed in my head.
Thanks for the motor offer... I'll work my way towards that solution and will find something. i won't take your motor but tell me a bit about it so I can look for one locally.
thanks again for your offer
joe ;D

Randy,
thanks for the tip..might you or someone else on the forum have the operating manual and parts manual ?
i have lost mine due to several moves the past 20 or so years.
joe

Bob, I cut my message short somehow ??? I have a complete set of change gears that came with the lathe when I bought it new around 1986 +/-
Ialso found the Original owners manual, in pristeen condition..
I also discoveres i am missing the " Lever" that locks the tailstock ram. it does not seem to be available as a new part. I doubt I would ever find a used one. Looks like my machinist career will start with figuring out how to duplicate a part that I don't have the old part to copy...
What is it that you need for your machine???? Top slide?.... maybe i can help you with it
joe

Back