Power Hacksaw Blades (Free)

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I have 3-17" Power hacksaw blades that I'm probably never going to use. If anyone is interested in them send me a PM

blades.jpg

Those make excellent parrallels if you have a surface grinder. I have two sets, the same height, i made at work years ago.

Friend of mine used to make pretty decent looking knives out of used ones. Shame to use new ones for that. Let me check on the size a saw I may grab uses.

I wish I had more blades that I could send to all that replied.
When I worked at the paper mill they would go through everytime we were expecting corporate visitors and clean up areas and anything that wasn't where it should be got thrown out. I use to find some real treasures. A brand new 6 ton jack still in the box is one example. Another would be the when they changed suppliers for all of the carbide inserts for the lathe tools in the machine shop. There was a good 2" layer of inserts in the bottom of a rolling metal dumpster. All new. I took a handful for myself . Un believable what they threw out.
That probably why the paper industry is in the tubes.

I retired from one of the larger Telephone companies who started about 5 years ago with the same clean up and toss routine. Turns out none of the upper management knows anything about the job.

Are the blades solid HSS,or are just the teeth HSS? I make kitchen knives out of the solid HSS ones. The others are really too soft to make good knives.

Back