Power Hacksaw

This one had the automatic switch already installed. Not particularly fond of the set-up but , I am going to look at upgrading to a better switch.

I have a craftsman that looks just like that one. Mine cuts pretty straight and I have been very happy with it. I also have a Milwaukee metal cutting chop saw, but I only use it outside as it throws sparks and such all over the place. The little power hacksaw doesn't make a mess. Its especially handy when it raining outside. The one addition that I made was to add a switch that automatically shuts if off as soon as the piece is cut (because I always seem to be busy doing three things at once). I used the switch from an upright sump pump, because that's what I had lying around. I made up an angle iron bracket to mount it to, and slotted it so I can adjust it as needed. As it cuts and the carriage comes down, it makes contact with the lever on the switch. As soon as the cut is made it shuts it off. Also you have to lift the carriage and manually reset the switch to restart it. Kind of a built in safety factor. Locally they usually go for $100 plus depending on condition, but you don't see them for sale very often. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Hardly

I bought one just like that about 2 yrs ago on Craigslist.
Mine is a excel. Which was made by cover. Up in mich. It's the same as the Sears, their are still parts listings on craftsman web site. Some one on here did a beautiful rebuild on one.
Mine had a broken. Connecting rod but I still paid 20.00. For it.
Thanks ron

It was fast back. That did the rebuild. It's a great red lots of pics. I think the man is covel hate spell check

I,' be also have a big peerless

Back