Prayers wanted

oldgascar

Active User
Registered
I think it is so nice that there is a prayer section to this machinist site. My elderly mother is most likely in her last year of life, if not her last few months. She is riddled with arthritus etc. She is getting weaker each day.
My son & his wife aren't beleivers . They have 2 small children and another on the way . I pray they open their hearts and hear GODS word.
I have a brother who has cancer and his prognosis is grim. He has had trial stem cell teatments and they have helped somewhat , but the cancer is raising its ugly head again. he is not in the hospital now, but his health is not good. New medical trials will start again this week. He does not beleive in God either.

There is also another prayer request for a very special couple in my life that I promised not to discuss with anyone else. God knows their needs, please pray for Gods guidance for this couple also.

Thanks

Bob

Bob there is always room on the pray list, Your family and friends will be added.

Paul

Bob I'll keep your family in my prayers. Please don't get discouraged when you don't see the results that your looking for, but continue to pray to God. A friend of mine has a son that's about 40 years old that lived his life for the world. His worldly living has brought my friend to his knees many times. In the last couple of years, things started changing in the sons life. He not only gave his life to Christ but he has devoted his life to preaching the gospel. Many times I see the ones that have had the most grace giving to them are the ones that are the strongest for the The Lord when they do obey the gospel. I'm just thankful that others didn't stop praying for me when I was living my life for myself. I can't imaging living life without the hope that The Lord has to offer. Sometimes it takes time for us to mature to the point that we realize what we are missing. I'll pray for your brother & your son & his family that they may come to know what The Lord has to offer them & obey his will.
Phil

Maranatha, Bob.
I pray that your mother will know peace in these last days. and be free from pain. Ps 16:11 was a great comfort when my dad died: "in God's presence there is fullness of joy. At his right hand there are pleasures forever". If that is the case it will be a great place for her to arrive at. I also pray for your son and wife to submit themselves to His rule. Let's trust that they will hear the shepherd's call and not be blinded by the trinkets of the world. Some day they will say like Peter, "Where else can we go? You have the words of eternal life".

Tough to lose a brother. Let's pray that he will respond to the Lord's call as well. Luke 6:35 says that, He himself (the Father) is kind to ungrateful and evil men". There's hope for all of us in that case!
Blessings.

Al

Bob, I'll be praying as well, God knows what needs to be done, & HE IS FAITHFUL, AMEN!

I think it is so nice that there is a prayer section to this machinist site. My elderly mother is most likely in her last year of life, if not her last few months. She is riddled with arthritus etc. She is getting weaker each day.
My son & his wife aren't beleivers . They have 2 small children and another on the way . I pray they open their hearts and hear GODS word.
I have a brother who has cancer and his prognosis is grim. He has had trial stem cell teatments and they have helped somewhat , but the cancer is raising its ugly head again. he is not in the hospital now, but his health is not good. New medical trials will start again this week. He does not beleive in God either.

There is also another prayer request for a very special couple in my life that I promised not to discuss with anyone else. God knows their needs, please pray for Gods guidance for this couple also.

Thanks

Bob

Dear Bob:

Praying for people is what I do I am a simple man so if some find offense please forgive.
Please names of people i am to pray for would be nice Thank you

lakehunter

Thanks

Bob

I must say I have never seen a prayer request on a totally unrelated site before. I am impressed! Really I am!

Bob, most of my extended family are still walking in ignorance to the Good News, as I type this. As I have recently listened to a Galatians tape series by James River Assembly - John Lindell (where my daughter attends) from Springfield Mo, I have been strongly encouraged to the simplicity of the gospel. Why religion makes it (gospel) complicated I will never understand... I encourage you to send for the series and distribute it to all who will listen. It is quite well done. It refutes most of the teachings that have confused most who have walked away from church in their youth. I have found it helpful to those who have yet to make the right decision for Christ. Like my son... And brothers...

God bless you in your walk with Him. And also to the rest of you who responded to Bobs request...

Lakehunter, I too am a simple man. I think that is the kind of man the Lord enjoys using... I am forced into a digital world, yet prefer the analog one... ;-)

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Bless you men!

I am offering prayers for them as well as for others and for my son.

My general rule is to offer prayers for everyone but myself.
When I go to the priest at church the last Sunday of the month, when they have healing prayers, that is what I do.
This comes from my interpretation of some parts of the Gospel that I believe require me to pray for others but not myself.

Sites need a prayer section in my opinion. We become close friends on here and need to pray for one another.

Back