Product Review Question

I love mine, spent 10% of that catalog price.

I love mine, spent 10% of that catalog price.
Thanks.

That's way better than the 50% of catalog price I can do on the Seco. I've only ordered once from AliExpress - several years ago - and it was a nightmare. Anybody have similar experience or was mine out of the ordinary? I may need to give them a second shot.

Regards

You could use something like a Glacern FM45 which is a lot less and they make decent face mills that take standard inserts. I do not know if the Shar's have gotten any better, there were some issues with varying seating of the insert heights that caused uneven finishes with inexpensive face mills. Both of these will chamfer.

Reactions: tjb
I've been able to purchase and acquire quite a few face mills. Used Iscar and Kennamtal insert tools are plentiful, and often similar in cost to new Chinesium tooling. I have a 3" Chicom face mill that came with a side of General Tso's inserts and a fortune cookie that works well and is decently made, but for the same prices paid I'm far happier with name brand industrial surplus.

I’ve had surprisingly good experiences with AliExpress.
Same here, and I've ordered a lot of stuff. It takes 2-3 weeks to get here, but I can afford that.

Everybody I know who has ordered from AliExpress has had the same experience as you two, so I suspect there is some glitch in my login profile. I should probably try creating a new login and see if that helps.

Thanks for the responses.

Regards

Back