Qctp Dial Indicator Holder

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

Looks easy enough that even I could make one for my 4-way tool post..lol.

It is pretty easy. The one I saw on eBay was made from a piece of aluminum angle. I didn't have any aluminum angle, but I did have some aluminum bar. I changed the design a little to suit the material I had on hand. A simple and useful tool!

GG

It is pretty easy. The one I saw on eBay was made from a piece of aluminum angle. I didn't have any aluminum angle, but I did have some aluminum bar. I changed the design a little to suit the material I had on hand. A simple and useful tool!

GG
This is pretty slick. I can see it would be great to check runout and taper, but can you explain to us noobs how it could be used for other functions? Thanks!

Another gotta have. Thank you.

"Billy G"

Yup, they're dead useful. Centering work in the 4 jaw is what I use mine for 99% of the time. The inexpensive indicator lives in that holder, and I usually have the 4 jaw on my Taig lathe. I'll need to make one for my SB9A when I get it on it's bench and running.

This is pretty slick. I can see it would be great to check runout and taper, but can you explain to us noobs how it could be used for other functions? Thanks!

I'm a noob too. My thought was that it would be particularly useful for dialing in a part on a 4 jaw chuck. I've had the dial in my tool box for quite awhile, and have never used it as much as other dials. Having the easy mount made it more useful.

GG

I've seen a couple of others but not like that one, I like it, as it looks like you can adjust it up or down on the plate as you need it. I may have to make something like that for mine,

Back