Question About An Atlas Mf Horizontal Mill

I too would like to know of this conversion , it's so much more desirable than clamp on the overhang. Looks home built I think . Either way I'd like to build one for mine. More close ups and measurements. Nice very nice Gramps1951

Is there a (free) manual or book that explains the workings and use of a horizontal mill ? I have never seen one and just going by pictures of them on this group I don't have a clue how you would do anything but face or cut slots.
WH

Indeed, yes Cincinnati Milling Machine Company published a text on Horizontal Milling In 1916. It’s now available on line for free as a public domain document. I vaguely remember it was scanned and made available by the google books project.

Anyway, Search for “Treatise on Horizontal Milling” and download. It’s a wealth of information about how to operate Horiozntal mills.

Glenn

Another useful book is Machinists Library by Tom Morrisey, first published 1965 by Audel. I have a 1980 Third Edition, in three volumes. I don't know whether its available online or not, as I have an original.

All good froggie! I was surprised and pleased to see you here. Sorry to hear about the gears tho. hopeful it's an easy fix.

Back