Question about turret removal

Waterlooboy2hp

Registered
Registered
I have a 1952 11" Logan 940-A lathe. I picked it up in the early 70s. Been using it ever since. I just bought a turret attachment for it. Not sure it was sold by Logan, but was made to fit my lathe. I want to remove the 6 position turret. I removed the large nut that is down inside the top of the turret, but nothing seems to lift off the slide. Do I also need to remove the six position stop index gear on the bottom of the turret ?? ----- John

@Waterlooboy2hp,

I have no way of knowing whether this will help any but if the Logan 940 used the same bed turret as the 1900, we have an exploded view parts manual on the 1900 series in Downloads. It does cover the bed turret. We also have a manual on the 900 Series but it does not cover the bed turret.. I think that the bed turret for the 1900 was the LA-70 and some suffix letters/numbers.

Access to Downloads requires Donor status (any level). There is a tutorial on using Downloads near the top of the list of Fora along with other site instructions., in the sticky section of the Atlas Forum, and may still be at in the sticky section the top of the Logan Forum.

@Waterlooboy2hp,

I have no way of knowing whether this will help any but if the Logan 940 used the same bed turret as the 1900, we have an exploded view parts manual on the 1900 series in Downloads. It does cover the bed turret. We also have a manual on the 900 Series but it does not cover the bed turret.. I think that the bed turret for the 1900 was the LA-70 and some suffix letters/numbers.

Access to Downloads requires Donor status (any level). There is a tutorial on using Downloads near the top of the list of Fora along with other site instructions., in the sticky section of the Atlas Forum, and may still be at in the sticky section the top of the Logan Forum.
======================================================
I have the exploded view parts manual for my 940. It includes the turret. However, it is no help with step by step instructions for taking it apart. Was hoping someone might have taken a turret apart and recalls how the 6 position turret separates from the slide. ---- John

Back