Quick change Tool Post

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I will be needing a AXA sized tool post soon. I was wondering if someone knows of a decent import? I would love an Aloris, but if I can get decent accuracy/rigidity for less money I will. I have other things I need to buy for my new toy. TIA. :)

Bill

I have a Phase II wedge type that I'm happy with. Enco sells them for around $185 if I remember correctly.

Steve

The Phase II on my 9X is very nice and the A2Z on my 7X is also very nice too. I would look at both of those suppliers web pages to see how they compare to Aloris. I seem to remember that Aloris was usually much higher for there stuff for some reason.

Bob

Thanks guys! I'll check into the Phase II and A2Z offerings.

Try lost creek machine and small tools.com. At small tools ask for a mouse pad.

I have a great AXA set from Jeff at "tools4cheap.net". Have had it for several years and couldn't possiby think why I'd need a better or different one.

Ray

Thanks Ray, already bookmarked the website. :)

I bought a SHARS (AXA #100 copy) quick tool post on Ebay for $51.00 (total cost) and it works great on my Logan 400 Lathe. I had to mill the base mount to fit the logan slot. I have been using it regularly and it works great. You can see the modified mount (CAD drawing) and photos of the SHARS Tool Post on my GrabCAD account.

http://grabcad.com/library/logan-400-lathe-tool-base-mount-1

Take your time and cruise the eBay tool post listings. You'll find some good buys, like I did.

Back