Rapid Air air line system on sale at Northern Tool

Vladymere

Active User
Registered
Fellows,

If you need to plumb your compressor's air line system Northern Tool has the Rapid Air 1/2" Master installation kit on sale for $69.99, regular price $99.99, so thirty bucks off. The sale is good through 11/08, I think, it may go on longer.

I also received coupons in the mail recently from Northern Tool, one of which allowed me take $20 of this purchase as I had purchased additional fittings and mounting clamps.

This air line plumbing kit gets good reviews. This sale may be of value to some of you all.

Vlad

Heck of a good price, I paid more for mine. Easy kit to work with too.

That is a good price, so I will be ordering one myself. I also compared pricing on extra fittings, compared against McMaster-Carr, and Northern was quite a bit cheaper. Haven't had the chance to compare prices anywhere else yet.

Should you purchase the Rapid Air 1/2" kit you will probably want to purchase a package or three of the clamps. These are plastic clamps that fit securely around the tubing and are mounted to the back surface via a single screw. I have been placing them about every five feet. If you run your tubing in a ring around your shop, (recommended) then you will also need tees to make drops to your outlets.

Vlad

I used pex tubing for water lines to run air in my shop. I used 3/4" for the ceiling loop, and 1/2" for the drops. It's been a couple years since I did the install and everything has held up really well. I run 150psi thru it all the time, all day, when I'm in there. No leaks anywhere.

I have did the same in my last home shop. The new storage building I have here will be plumbed the same way, I never had any problems with PEX and was quite pleased with the results.

What he said about the PEX for me also and local has matching fittings if you decide to expand later.:thumbzup3:
I have my own set of crimps purchased off Fleaybay that makes life soooooo much better for the whole house & shop.:))

Back