Reloader Kit you can make

Les B

Active User
Registered
Make you own compact set for using at the range or camp that will load up to 375 H&H. This is similar to the Newton Press made around 1905 with my own ideas to make it easier to change out the parts. I will send a PDF file to the Plans and Drawings in the Downloads section with details to make this loader. The box is about 7 in. X 9 in. X 1 in. when open and all parts fit inside.

P1260792.JPGP1260785.JPGP1260775.JPGP1260762.JPGP1260744.JPG

P1260792.JPG P1260785.JPG P1260775.JPG P1260762.JPG P1260744.JPG

that is a great take along reloading kit thanks for sharing it with us. going to check out the pdf download.

Pretty cool, Les. I stopped hand loading years ago when my interest in shooting waned. Had a nice RCBS setup, but just got tired of it. Plus some of my shooting buddies passed away, and others moved off. And I changed wives and residences. I had plenty of space to shoot on my own land, but not so much now. I shoot vicariously through helping with a few things at a camp for kids where they get to learn about handling firearms (this IS Texas, after all). I do a little repair, and keep the moving targets and clay tossers going for them.

Might have to get it back together again, if I can find the time. That was probably the main reason I quit, realistically. I don't have all the guns I used to either. We'll see. Thanks for posting that. Looks interesting.

Tony,

I use mine reloader kit all the time. I can neck size and load up about 40 per hour. The next pdf file will be of my setup in the 5th wheel. Some don't think you can load accurate loads with this tool, but I will show the last target shot. This project started out in 1989 when I wanted something to load shells while traveling and not have a ton of weight to hual around. I thought maybe the Lyman hand tool or the Lee hand press. I had seen pictures of the Newton tool and changed the design to my own thoughts. After the press was made I needed a powder measure, then a powder dispenser. It just kept growing until I had a box full. I still have the RCBS tools and very seldon use it now. The picture with the two hand presses will show the smaller tool which I made first just to load 17 Rem. I thought if I increased the size a little I could load all sizes.
3158_0.jpgP1260781.JPG

3158_0.jpg P1260781.JPG

I have to keep an eye on this one, looks like something I may want to try. Thanks

Great job Les, will be trying to match this one. I take a couple of guns with me when I travel, (motor home a couple of trips a year 6 to 8 weeks each) and like the idea of weight and space saving. Thanks for a great idea!!

That's a clever looking kit. It appears much safer than the Lee loaders I bought.

Perfect project for my "new" 1934 South Bend Lathe. Thanks for posting this.

Back