Repair of Align power feed

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Never give up. Just a short clip of the power feed from my PM 833T mill. I accidently plugged the power feed into 220 volts and scorched it. The repair has been a definite learning experience for me. The end result has been several days of Hit and Miss but as you can see now it works as should. My first suspicion was the breaker. At first it checked okay. Then after doing all kinds of things like replacing components on the original PCB it would still not work so I ordered a new PCB from Bestline and installed the PCB and still did nothing. So after many hours of tossing and turning trying to sleep I realized I had eliminated any issues with the new board and decided to verify power into and out of the breaker. Well the dang breaker was bad. Just finished replacing the breaker (a difficult job) and put the board back in hooked up the rapid switch and powered it up. And as the video shows It is now ready for work on the mill.

As a result of this BOZO event I ordered enough 220 volt twist lock receptacles and twist lock plugs to error proof anything in my shop that could accidentally get plugged into 220 volts by mistake. The positive side of all this is about 3 years ago I decided to make myself more Electrical/electronic literate. Starting with re-building some of my electric motors then understanding 3-phase-then understanding VFD programing and now I am diving into the component level of PCB's. Now to dive back into the problem with the wire feed of the YA-205 Snap-On mig welder. I have successfully tracked down a bad drive transistor but now it is coffee time and also time to get on my exercise bicycle and do my morning 30 minute exercise. Getting old ain't so bad when you make the best of it. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my post.

Glad that you got it fixed. I have a lot of projects also, just depends on priorities as to which one gets done 1st, and then there are always interruptions.

Back