Replacement tailstock gib and pin?

wiredneck

Registered
Registered
Cleaning my smithy 1220 I noticed that the gibb for my tailstock along with the pin are missing and would like to order a new one. Where can I find a new gibb and pin for this machine?

Other than Smithy, I think you might have to make them. I could measure mine if you want the dimensions... You could look at Grizzley or one of the other 3 in 1 guys to see if you could find something that looks the same...

It would be great if you can get those dimensions for me. Do you know if smithy.com is down lately or not? When I try to go to that site it comes up as compromised, I can get to Detroit machine web site but not the smithy side of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_112220_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_112220_Chrome.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2
Here's what my tailstock looks like. The gib is mild steel. I don't think any of these dimensions are very critical. You could use a piece of 1/4 X 1" steel and be fine. I used a piece of brass for the pin, but probably mild steel or aluminum or whatever would work. I also noticed that smithy.com is not working.

IMG_2894.jpgIMG_2895.jpgIMG_2896.jpgIMG_2897.jpgIMG_2895.jpgIMG_2894.jpgIMG_2896.jpgIMG_2897.jpg

Awesome, thank you very much. Looks like I will do exactly as you suggested and use 1/4"x1" flat stock.

Back