RF-30 Mill Quill Lever Slipping

bob12345

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

Strange fault with my RF30 clone that I have only recently noticed, the quill lever only has tension to a point then will slip, almost like it has a clutch, I can drill a small (0-6mm) holes in aluminium and not notice a problem, but anything heavier and it will eventually just turn and not apply any additional pressure on the dill bit.

It doesn't seem to effect the fine feed in the same way, or I can't replicate it anyway, and the position of the handle makes no discernable difference.

I can take the thing to bits of course and I guess I will be, but it would be handy to get the advice of anyone who has had a similar problem.

Last edited:
Looking at the parts diagram for my version of an RF30 clone, it appears that there is a key for the pinion shaft. It may be sheared on your mill. You would have to disassemble to confirm.

Looking at the parts diagram for my version of an RF30 clone, it appears that there is a key for the pinion shaft. It may be sheared on your mill. You would have to disassemble to confirm.
Thanks, that's just the pointer I was after, I shudder to think of what its going to look like in there if the rest of it was anything to go by and could quite easily have missed that while trying not to get 20 year old grease on everything I own

Back