Rotary Table ( India)

chip maker

Registered
Registered
Has anyone ordered a rotary table from India? I seem them on E bay and the prices are good and the same as many outlets here that are charging a lot more for them. I guess by biggest question is how was the shipping service for them? Some of them have free shipping but it takes a while to get the items. Do they seem to be OK to deal with.?? Or do I just bite the bullet and spend more money to have the same unit sent from someware here in the states.. Thanks

I don't know about the Rotary Table, but I've ordered other stuff from India and the USA at the same time and the India stuff arrived before the other being shipped in the USA.

The grizzly H7527 rotary table is made in India ( that's what the grizzly rep told me ) and members on this site that have them like them. India is becoming a big player in the tool business so they are starting to get their act together as the tooling that I have gotten is decent quality. YMMV.

I have Grizzly 4" rotary table, rebuilt it and applied good grease also added a set screw flat and radial relief for the dial screw. It's been great ever since, nowhere near a "quality" one but for what it is it works nicely.

I have a 4" Rotary Table made in India and purchased from ebay. Quality is what you'd expect for the price (low), but with some cleaning, deburing, and slight modifications, I was able to successfully use it as a powered 4th axis on my cnc mill. Like Andre said, the quality is not as good as a larger, more expensive tool. Shipping from India was quick, about like ordering from China (~10 days, give or take).

Matt

PS: I paid about $50 for the 4" RT. Same one others sell for over $150.
I also have a 10" Phase II for use on the Bridgeport which I like a lot.

Last edited:
I've got a rotab made in India. It's the biggest disappointment that I've had in all of my machining purchases! I wouldn't cut corners on a rotary table. Get used, or Vertex, or maybe Phase II, IMO.

OTOH, mine's for sale, if you're interested. . . .

Jim

I looked for a long time for a quality rotary table. I was tempted several times to buy a new import from Grizzly, Phase II, or even Vertex . Looked on e-bay and craigslist almost daily. Found multiple quality European and US made ones on craigslist over the year. But they were always too big or too poor of a condition (my opinion) to justify the drive. Finally bit the bullet and picked one out in person from Lost Creek Machine. I was finally close by during a business trip and was able to swing by. Amazing what the difference was in quality and smoothness when you get your hands on them to compare. The one import brand that I played with that was a quality unit was a Japanese made Yuasa. But I bought a excellent condition Bridgeport rotary table for the price of a average "good" import. Have been very happy with it and glad I waited until I found the right one.
I suggest you go look at some in the flesh from local craigslist ads or a machine dealer.

Slinger, I see you're in Wisconsin. You're welcome to come by and check mine out.

Thanks for all the advice and maybe I'll give it a try. Just wasn't sure but guess if I go thru E Bay at least I have some recourse if things go bad.
gi_984 Thanks for the offer but would be a ride just to feel and touch. But again Thanks for the offer. !!

Back