Rotary Table -Super Spacer Identification

Thanks Paul. I used the same paint you used on your DP. I think I will use it on my drill press when I can get to the rebuild.

David

I agree that you did a great job David. I think you are going to like having that tool around, and around, and....... I like the paint too! Paul has a good eye for machine paint. I copied him by using it on a 4 x 6 bandsaw base project and think I will use it on some other stuff when the weather gets warm again.

I don't think Charley D. has posted it yet but he gave me tip when I was at this shop this week. He was using his spacer with the chuck vertical and something fell down inside the spacer spindle below the chuck. Very hard to get out so he recommends making a plug to fit inside the chuck bore below the jaws. I think he used a piece of plastic turned to slip in and out as needed.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Thanks Benny. Sounds like Charley has a good idea there. I need to make a couple of keys for alignment on the mill table and it should be ready to go.

David

If it's any help, I have swapped an older 7-1/2" Buck chuck with a newer Yuasa chuck with no problems. The Yuasa chuck came off of a super spacer that got a new chuck, salvaged and put in place of my worn Buck chuck, to my lathe. The Buck chuck wound up on a half worn out super spacer I salvaged from the junk pile at a past life job many years back.

Back