Round Rod holding

I'm hoping to do something like that soon. I can't use your indexing fingers because the Yamatokoki 7 1/2" vise doesn't have any opening in the middle. The 4" vise can be done that way. I'm going to need a couple of large aluminum blocks.

Make the fingers fit the outside edges of the vise. A better method might be to put a dowel in the fixture and vise jaw, that way it stays same position side to side & stays seated in the vise.

I like it and I think I've got a block the right size. I just made some soft jaws for one vise I have but this would work in 2 that I don't have any for.

Bit the vertical is tided up waiting on a 5/8 ball nose end mill from Enco. I was thinking I had one but the closest is a 3/4. (Ya I know don't think):nono:

I didn't get a thread dail with my 13" LeBlond and the lead screw is the same as a 13" South Bend. I have a extra fot that and thats what I'm going to use. Any way thats in the mill.

Paul

nice... and there I was just filing my bolts to fit in the T-slots :nuts:. this is so much nicer!

I was thinking of making something similar for holding rounds vertically as well as pen-blanks. was thinkng about making complete soft jaws, but maybe a block like this would simplify things (and I like simplifying) thanks for the reminder!

Back