Savage/Stevens 107B ejector

Snag_one

Banned -Abusive Behavior Towards Staff and Members
Registered
I have a customer's .410 bore with a hacked up ejector , some idiot ground the lip off and attempted a repair . The spring is also missing , but that's a minor issue that can be solved at the local hardware store . I need to build this up and reshape it , and planned on using a nickel-based brazing rod - unless someone can suggest a better alternative . If I were a better TIG weldor ... but this is a very small piece and my skills are not up to fine work just yet . O/A is going to be my method of choice this time . Since the shank portion of this piece is case hardened I'll be wrapping it in wet paper towels or something and covering that with foil .

Snag

I have a customer's .410 bore with a hacked up ejector , some idiot ground the lip off and attempted a repair . The spring is also missing , but that's a minor issue that can be solved at the local hardware store . I need to build this up and reshape it , and planned on using a nickel-based brazing rod - unless someone can suggest a better alternative . If I were a better TIG weldor ... but this is a very small piece and my skills are not up to fine work just yet . O/A is going to be my method of choice this time . Since the shank portion of this piece is case hardened I'll be wrapping it in wet paper towels or something and covering that with foil .

Snag
That's what I would be doing in my shop. For me its either o/a or flux cor mig.

I ended up building the ground-off part up with some .025 MIG wire <4 strands twisted together> and my TIG welder set at 35 amps/HF start/no pulse using a 1/16" lanthanated tungsten and a gas lens . I still need to finish shaping the lip that engages the cartridge rim , but it looks pretty good .
Snag

Back