Scrapyard find

poppaclutch

Active User
Registered
A picture is worth a thousand words and in this case none of them suitable for this forum.
tommy-1.pngtommy-2.png

tommy-1.png tommy-2.png

Is that really a torched Thompson? Looks like the receiver is obliterated, but it's hard to tell from the pics.....maybe someone had a bring back or a no-no unregistered one stashed and decided to dump it quick! Compensator any good?:thinking:

Last edited:
Is that really a torched Thompson? Looks like the receiver is obliterated, but it's hard to tell from the pics.....maybe someone had a bring back or a no-no unregistered one stashed and decided to dump it quick! Compensator any good?:thinking:

Compensator is about the only thing that is good along with the front grip.

betcha that could tell a few good stories

nice find

If you saw what those things do to your Brass you probably wouldn't want one anyway, I bought my first one for $110 sold it three months later for 150. Besides being extremely heavy and not very accurate past 50 yards.

If you saw what those things do to your Brass you probably wouldn't want one anyway, I bought my first one for $110 sold it three months later for 150. Besides being extremely heavy and not very accurate past 50 yards.

All true, but still - if I could find one now for $150.00 [I know - not gonna happen] I'd be all over it - especially an M1A. Even a semi SBR would be OK :thumbsup:

It gets better. I went to the scrapyard today and the crane operator told me I missed a BAR.

Back