Sell price for an LMS3990?

Good on ya! Sounds like both you and the buyer are happy - a good place to be.

Wow I would never buy a used machine that close to its new value. Good for you, I hope the new owner is happy as well it did look like a well cared for machine.

It has a good story, if true: the guy I bought it from said it was used as a prop on some TV show about gun-making preppers. It had what appeared to be black spatter all over it. That's the story he gave me when I asked what all the black stuff was. It came off really easily with a rag and acetone.

I was very happy with this machine, but it was just a little too small. As many of us find out, that's how you know what you need; buy something and make stuff, then you can get a better idea of what you actually use it for and then you can get the machine that fits your needs.

Always good to see a story with a happy ending!

It looked like you installed the iGaging Absolute DRO Plus DRO's, and placed the Z-Axis one or the left of the column, which is what I have been planning to do: did that work well for you?

Charlie

Always good to see a story with a happy ending!

It looked like you installed the iGaging Absolute DRO Plus DRO's, and placed the Z-Axis one or the left of the column, which is what I have been planning to do: did that work well for you?

Charlie
Yes, it worked very well. I had to drill and tap holes, but it was easy enough. It was out of the way, but still looked good. The cords never got tangled. I wanted a clean-looking install on all the DRO's, so I spent some time designing them to not only function, but look good.

Back