Sewing Machine Servo Motor

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm getting ready to install a new spindle on my CNC Mill/Drill Project and looking at servo motors to drive it with. Has anyone used one of these sewing machine motors for anything, and if so was it sufficient.

They have about the same power as the Teknomotor spindle I burned out the other day so at least I won't be going backwards. I could always upgrade later but this might be able to get me going sooner rather than later.

John

I don’t have any luck with the search engine here, but there was a thread about these as replacements for small lathe motors. They were quite well received and I seem to remember somebody using them to drive belt sanders too. Its on my long range plans to replace the 3/4hp motor in my 9x20 with one. And finally be able to get it slow enough to single point thread with the motor instead of with a hand crank. But knowing how I am the old motor will have to quit before I get around to it.

Thanks, I'm gonna give it a try :encourage:

John

There has been some discussion of these on the io clausing group with positive feedback on the 3/4hp Consew brand.
1602590522359.png
Course these days, they're possibly all the same make from different jobbers or sellers.
I'll be buying one for a lathe in the queue soon as I pay down a few bills.

Back