Shaper designs

Brento

Registered
Registered
Has anyone ever seen a hand shaper in person or drawings for one? Id love to make a hand one.

On lathes.uk check out Bradley shapers. Small hand powered. There will be pictures of two different machines. The one with red paint on it is the one at Tuckahoe Steam & Gas Association where I volunteer. We also have a Boynton and Plummer that is hand powered but it's with a crank instead of a straight handle

@ErichKeane i like the design of that top one. Do you have an idea of what book that us from? I can prob re-engineer it with what is on the print but it is a little hard to read.

@ErichKeane i like the design of that top one. Do you have an idea of what book that us from? I can prob re-engineer it with what is on the print but it is a little hard to read.
I have no idea, just on I found a few years ago! I'll note it is a 'down' arm, which is likely harder/less plesant to use than a side arm.

I am sure you can modify it to be a side arm. I wish the dimensions were a little more clear. I think there could be enough to start a design at one point though. It will be a project down the pipeline to remember.

Back