Shapers

Randy, If Shawn passes, Let me know. I would love to have it, if it doesn't weigh over 2,000 lbs!

GUUUUYYYSSSSSS...... *sad face* :(

not fair.... i guarantee my wife would leave me if i bought another machine. the mill was this years big purchase. i have at LEAST a year before i can argue another piece of machinery. lol, and the mill was only 2 hours away and she thought i was ridiculous. i still dont hear the end of it when shes looking for something to throw at me in an argument.

not to mention, i have absolutely no where to put a big shaper.
i think before i bought a shaper, id buy a surface grinder.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/...00/1254651781?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

look at this little guy!! it would be PERFECT for my little shop. i really only make tooling to make more tooling for my shop. that is the extent of my hobby so far. this little guy would fit just right.
but, alas, i sold off some stuff i dont use anymore to buy the mill. i dont have anything left to sell so those funds would have to come straight from the bank. that wont happen any time soon. lol.

If you are patient and keep an eye out, one of the size you want will become available. Just keep searching Ebay, CL, etc. If you are really patient, one will come up for a good price. Shapers have seemed to be rising in price over the last few years. I'm a bit of a shaper nut, so I have been keeping an eye on prices for some time. I've paid as little as 200 USD for a Lewis shaper up to 1400 USD for a mint condition Cincinatti 24" Standard with a universal table. I drove 900 miles to pick up the Cinci, about 140 for the Lewis. Those mileage numbers are one way miles.

I bought a 6" shaper of unknown brand this year, and am restoring it. I would love to upgrade to a 10" but I don't have room for anything larger. I have access to a 22" Cincinnati Shaper, but it would displace half my shop, so no go.

Gosh, I've never been to Texas, but it would be worth it to get a shaper! especially if everyone else passes...

GUUUUYYYSSSSSS...... *sad face* :(

not fair.... i guarantee my wife would leave me if i bought another machine. the mill was this years big purchase. i have at LEAST a year before i can argue another piece of machinery. lol, and the mill was only 2 hours away and she thought i was ridiculous.

My wife's attitude improved quite a bit after I worked on a few projects that she thought were useful. If you can repair or improve something important to her, she might come around a bit quicker. :)

Unless I can fix her heating blanket or her Apple watch I gave her for Christmas, unlikely. She thinks my hobby is a huuuuge waste of money... She reads. Likes to go to the library and come home and read. And schooling. Loves school work... All of which costs little money.

Except the schooling.... That's been tens of thousands. Yeah...

Back