Shop made countershaft pulleys, motor and large 2 step

fast67ford

Registered
Registered
What size machine did you do the large pulley on? I would enjoy making my own but the large diameter presents issues on my 10" lathe.

Terry

Nice job on the pulleys. How did you end out balancing the large pulley?

Paul

What kind of stock did you start with on the large pulley? Actually, I'd be interested in hearing about all the details about it. I just remembered the Biology department, at the university I'm attending, has a HUGE lathe I may be able to use to fashion one. So please do some story telling and let us (ME!) hear all about it. :)

Terry

If you can wait till the weekend ill draw it up and post the prints, And i didn't need to balance the pulley its fully machined and should be balanced good enough for the Atlas lathe

Nice work ff, very interesting to me as I need to make a new step pulley for my Atlas drill press.

Bernard

Prints would be fantastic, and much appreciated. I considering a mod that would relocate my countershaft, and this would help that along.

Terry

fast67ford,

Just wondering if you'd had a chance at putting together some photos and information on your materials used, and so forth on your project. I did touch base with the machinist on staff at school and he said I could use the large lathe they have there. So I'm very curious now to see how you did it, and if I can manage to do the same. Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Terry

Back