Shop wiring ?

I have a rpc, I find it noisy. Since my rpc is not a UL listed device it won't pass any code.
It could be wired to a dedicated outlet, like a twist lock style, so that would start in your existing panel with the appropriate breaker and wire to a twist lock receptical also of the appropriate current rating. That is all the inspector will be worried about.
Mount your rpc on and old shop built two wheeler and install your appropriate disconnect on the uprights.
Use SO or SOJ and make a cable with the mating twist lock plug and run it into the disconnect, this will be your incoming power.
You will make another cable for between the motor and the disconnect.
We need motor data plates and rpc's data, a picture of the inside of the rpc's junction box too

Hangers on the side for the cables if you want to move it....

Tell me where I am wrong. Matter and energy are neither created or destroyed. My 10 hp 3 phase compressor motor is rated 19 amps. That’s 19 amps per pole x 3 poles or 57 amps total. Single phase converter must move same amps through 2 - 220 poles. 57 divided by 2 is 28 1/2 amps per pole.

Also, twist lock plugs are quite pricy.

I have used that logic myself. Its just an approximation. I am sure a EE will tear holes in it.

Back