Smithy 1220 mill head?

wiredneck

Registered
Registered
I recently bought a smithy cb1220 but it is missing the milling head completely, does anyone know where I may be able to find one?

Honestly, don’t bother.

If you want a small mill you’ll be better off with almost anything. Combo machines rarely do everything well and often are frustrating to the extent of, well, removing the offending part and pitching it.

You probably have a decent small lathe now and that’s all it ever was. If you really want the milling head you may find an owner willing to part with theirs. Just don’t hold out too much hope for a worthy mill.

John

Agreed, it's not worth the effort and cost to try to find one
Nearly any separate mini mill will be far, far superior

I recently bought a smithy cb1220 but it is missing the milling head completely, does anyone know where I may be able to find one?
You'd likly be better off putting your money into something like a PM-25MV or a PM-30MV...

+1 to the advice above. The mill is the least capable function of these machines, and finding just the milling head could be more expensive than buying s small bench top mill. Mine is a capable lathe, more rigid than my SB9, but milling with the smithy is frustrating.

Back