some accessories for air/co2 powered pellet guns

gt403cyl

Registered
Registered
some accessories for air/co2 powered pellet guns (pic heavy!!)

well this is my first post with pic's so hopefully it will work, as mentioned i have been making some aluminum, brass and stainless pieces and here is a small sample of what i have done.

please feel free to ask questions or give suggestions!!

where it all started, a bolt for a crosman 2240 with some modifications to the origional design to help with flow and overall accuracy
CIMG4132.jpg

then i had to have a custom bolt handle to match,
CIMG4139.jpg

after some pics got around i started making bulk orders with some different designs including this stainless handle with a brass ball
CIMG4128.jpg

I also started making muzzle brakes, nothing too fancy, yet,
2photo.jpg
6photo.jpg
a 2pc for scoped (as pic'ed) or open sights not in pic
CIMG4153.jpg

and my most envloved
CIMG4158.jpg
CIMG4157.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment

Last edited:
please feel free to ask questions............................I also started making muzzle brakes, nothing too fancy, yet,..............

Nice looking work!
What does a muzzle brake do for an air gun? Is it just looks or does it help with the noise?

Thanks, Benny

nice work and finish
I have a few 1200fps air rifles they are louder than a 22, does that quiet them down much
a neighbor called on us for shooting guns in the back yard and the cop could not believe the sound was from a pellet gun he thought we hid the real guns until i fired it for him. nothing they could do but i dont need them visiting everytime we target practice
steve

i found another pic of some RVA's (rear velocity adjusters) and pins i made last year, the adjustment bolts are straight knurled, brass jam nuts are diamond knurled and the endcaps are brass polished, basically they either increase or decrease tension on the hammer spring to either increase or decrease power. The pins are stainless with e-clips to retain
P1060954.jpg
P1060959.jpg
P1060960.jpg

Nice looking work!
What does a muzzle brake do for an air gun? Is it just looks or does it help with the noise?

Thanks, Benny

no the brakes i make have no effect on the report of any weapon, "silencers" are big trouble here so i dont dabble in them.

what they do help with is muzzle flip keeping the muzzle more stable for better accuracy, and a little bit of bling too....

nice work and finish
I have a few 1200fps air rifles they are louder than a 22, does that quiet them down much
a neighbor called on us for shooting guns in the back yard and the cop could not believe the sound was from a pellet gun he thought we hid the real guns until i fired it for him. nothing they could do but i dont need them visiting everytime we target practice
steve

As mentioned no they don't, i know what you mean, i have converted and custom built some co2 powered crosman 22xx platform airguns to hpa (high pressure air) and they can be quite loud!!!

thanks for all the compliments i still have alot to learn and i know i could make the finnishing alot nicer if i took the time to "sand" with higher grit and polished more.

GT

people think these guns are toys they are not
we had a racoon that would not let customers in their cars and was killing our cats at work and my boss asked me to chase him off with it, i told him I wont shoot it to wound but i would take him out if he wanted. from about 75 feet it blew the back of his skull out and he didnt even move he just dropped. can these be beefed up even more? I have 5 different ones but they are in these house or I'd tell you what they are all with nice scopes it was a low cost way to teach all the kids to shoot
steve

people think these guns are toys they are not
we had a racoon that would not let customers in their cars and was killing our cats at work and my boss asked me to chase him off with it, i told him I wont shoot it to wound but i would take him out if he wanted. from about 75 feet it blew the back of his skull out and he didnt even move he just dropped. can these be beefed up even more? I have 5 different ones but they are in these house or I'd tell you what they are all with nice scopes it was a low cost way to teach all the kids to shoot
steve

they are definately not "toys", sorry I'm not sure where your located but here in Canada, any airgun that shoots over 500fps is considered a firearm and requires the appropriate lic. Pics would be great I'd love to see what you shoot!!! as for can they be beefed up more, that depends on the airgun, i do modify some models for power and accuracy, send me a pm if you would like more info.

heres my first attempt at machining some 5/8" (flats) hex into a short muzzle brake (keep in mind no mill available so most of my designs to date are fairly basic)

brasshexshortt.jpg
brasshexshortb.jpg

mods please let me know if this should be posted somewhere else this is probably going to turn into a pic thread for me.

GT, it's fine right here. Good looking work.

"silencers" are big trouble here so i dont dabble in them.

So true, and the penalties are draconian. Yet in the past they were perfectly legal and would usually be used by people with a range in their basement or back yard so as not to disturb the neighbors.

M

Yup a silencer or fully automatic weapon in Fla will get your house, car and stuff confiscated and sold at auction. If you have the proper permits and paperwork you are subject to search and siezure at any time and you must tell them where you store the weapon and how much ammo you keep. Definately not worth the headaches that causes. That is some sweet looking work, where do you get the brass in chunks that big without mortgageing your house? That stuff isn't cheap at all down here in vacationland.
Bob

Up here in Canada silencers are classed as "prohibited" basically there are no longer going to be lic given out for them if you have a prohibited lic currently by way of grandfathering you can own 1 but there are very few around.

As for the brass I have a metals supply shop up the road he can get me just about anything I want. Yesterday I picked up : 2ft 3/4" round brass, 3ft 5/8" round brass, 2ft 5/8" hex brass, and 2ft 5/8" stainless for $82cad. That said I only need to sell a few pieces to cover the costs. Not really sure of the individual prices just get totals...

Back