HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Wow, Bill, that is very nice work!

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Best,

Nelson

author=Bill Gruby
Dave; The Cat was just to see if I could do it.
"Bill Gruby"

Very nice! -- Also being an avid one time woodworker I know what kind of time can be put into a something like these items.

The Cat especially caught my eye, as I was deep into models at one time. My all time favorites were from "Gatto Plan Supply"
http://www.gattoplans.com/store/index.htm
Though he seems to have totally quit supplying new plans, the ones shown on the web site havent been updated in 10-12 years. He kept saying he was gonna make some track vehicles, and I was dying to do something like your 'cat'. Did you use plans? Maybe Grizz?

This is a couple of my efforts. Speaking of time - I kept track of the time I put in on the 2 rear tires of the John Deere back hoe -- 20 hours!!

Macktrk.jpg
Grader.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill and Pacer...this is really some outstanding work, and exhibits every bit as much talent as metalworking...maybe even more as far as getting the nice finished on those models.

Amazing!!!
Bill

Superb craftsmanship !! :) :) :) to both of you. Most of the toys I built are not in that good of shape as the children used them up. But then that's what they were built for ?? :)

The construction models are awesome!

The detail is real craftsmanship!

Thanks for posting them!

Now...we need someone to make them in brass or some other metal...that will be unreal!

Nelson

;D Hmmm that would be a challenge ??!! I've thought of the same idea for some of the wood puzzles I've built in the past, just haven't got a round tuit They do make round tuit's don't they ?? ::) ::)

Back